Let us just say it out loud, THIS PANDEMIC IS HORRIBLE! Your Holidays are different, but they do not have to be horrible! One of the things I love to do during the Holidays is have a Cookie Exchange. This year it is not happening in person so I figured we would have a new event called “The Pandemic Cookie Exchange!”
I love all the different cookies at the exchange and would miss all my friend’s special homemade recipes. Of course, we do not need 10+ dozen per family this year! I know my family does not need that many cookies and we will not be having big events. So, we decided to put this new cookie exchange together.
The Pandemic Cookie Exchange
First, grab 6 friends or more to participate in this yummy event! Second, ask all participants to bake 6 dozen cookies. For example, if there are 6 participants baking you will receive 6 dozen cookies! I know that sounds like a lot of cookies, but we like to share with our neighbors and family. Last year, we had 15 dozen cookies, so we wrapped them in little gift bags and gave them to friends and neighbors. It is a perfect treat for those people who are shut in during the pandemic.
Another great idea for the cookie exchange is to do one for your local nursing home, fire department, hospitals, or police stations! This is a great service project for churches or schools that cannot have their regular events. The cookie exchange is taking on a different look this year!
Instructions for The Pandemic Cookie Exchange
- Ask your guests to sign up for their cookies in advance so that you do not have repeat cookies for the exchange.
- Ask you guests to fill out a recipe card so everyone will know what ingredients are included. Also, this is a great way to grow your recipe collection.
- Pack cookies in parchment paper in airtight containers.
- Pack cookies that have nuts in separate containers or gift bags.
- Schedule a drop off date and a time frame to drop cookies to each participant!
- It is also a great idea to add a special holiday card with a written message with each container.
Cookie Exchange Recipes
Christmas Cowboy Cookies (picture above)
StockpilingMoms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit StockpilingMoms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.