Cajun Blackened Fish Tacos are so delicious and easy to prepare. This recipe is perfect for Lent or Mardi Gras. This could be gluten free if you used a corn tortilla or a gluten free flour tortilla. You could also make this a clean dish by removing the tortilla and enjoying it on a bed of lettuce. I love all of the spices that are used. It is a flavorful recipe that the entire family will enjoy.
I have also prepared these Cajun Blackened Fish Tacos as a Nacho dish. We serve the Blackened Fish on top of Tortilla chips, rotel tomatoes, black beans, queso, guacamole, and sour cream! It is truly delicious!
Cajun Blackened Fish Tacos
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 whole salmon fillets skin and bones removed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large soft tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream for garnishing taco
- Set oven to broil.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, basil and oregano.
- Brush salmon fillets on both sides with olive oil, and sprinkle evenly with the cayenne pepper mixture. Drizzle one side of each fillet with olive oil.
- Broil in oven 3 minutes per side.
- Squeeze lemon over fish before serving.
- Warm tortillas in microwave while fish are cooking. Place paper towels in between tortillas. Warm 20-30 seconds.
- Assemble lettuce on top of warm tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese on lettuce.
- Add ½ of salmon fillet, flaked apart.
- Add sour cream if desired.
Other Fish Recipes:
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy 4th of July Jell-o Cake is also a perfect treat for Memorial and Labor Day!
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn't like a chocolate chip cookie?
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.