Cajun Blackened Fish Tacos are so delicious and easy to prepare. This recipe is perfect for Lent or Mardi Gras. This could be gluten free if you used a corn tortilla or a gluten free flour tortilla. You could also make this a clean dish by removing the tortilla and enjoying it on a bed of lettuce. I love all of the spices that are used. It is a flavorful recipe that the entire family will enjoy.
Cajun Blackened Fish Tacos
Cajun Blackened Fish Tacos are easy to prepare and taste amazing!
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 whole salmon fillets skin and bones removed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large soft tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream for garnishing taco
- Set oven to broil.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, basil and oregano.
- Brush salmon fillets on both sides with olive oil, and sprinkle evenly with the cayenne pepper mixture. Drizzle one side of each fillet with olive oil.
- Broil in oven 3 minutes per side.
- Squeeze lemon over fish before serving.
- Warm tortillas in microwave while fish are cooking. Place paper towels in between tortillas. Warm 20-30 seconds.
- Assemble lettuce on top of warm tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese on lettuce.
- Add ½ of salmon fillet, flaked apart.
- Add sour cream if desired.