My son Caleb and I have been cooking all summer! Every Friday, we make or go get a special treat. It is usually a toss up between making cookies and going to Dairy Queen or Sonic.
Today he said "Mom, I am not sure if I want cupcakes or ice cream." I thought of this idea to make Friday interesting. Him and I love to cook together and today we had a great time cooking these Cupcake Ice Cream Cones!
When I posted these Cupcake Ice Cream Cones on facebook, I had several people say "did you really cook that in the cone?" The answer is yes! It is so easy to whip up a cake mix, fill cones ¾ of the way, and bake. You just stick them in the oven for 15 minutes and you have a treat everyone will love. I sent a picture to my husband and he thought it was a real ice cream cone!
Cupcake Ice Cream Cones hint: I would ice the cupcakes as you use them. We stored the cupcake cones in a plastic bag until we were ready to eat them!
Cupcake Ice Cream Cones
- 1 15.25 oz Strawberry Cake Mix (you can use any flavor)
- 1 box Ice Cream Cake Cones (we used the small ice cream cones)
- 1 16 oz Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag Vanilla Flavored Frosting,
- 1 small shaker Sprinkles
- Make Cake Mix according to box.
- Using a large spoon, spoon in Cake mix until cones are ¾ full.
- Place Cupcake cones in a muffin pan.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 15 minutes!
- Remove from over and let cool for about 20 minutes before icing!
- Use Pillsbury Filled Pastry Bag Vanilla Flavored Frosting to ice like an ice cream cone.
- Shake sprinkles on each cone.
- You care ready to enjoy!
Check out some of our amazing dessert recipes!
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy 4th of July Jell-o Cake is also a perfect treat for Memorial and Labor Day!
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn't like a chocolate chip cookie?
Watermelon Rice Krispies are fun for all ages! We have them at pool parties and the kids love them!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.