Homemade Breakfast Burritos is very easy to prepare and makes 16 on the go breakfast burritos. My husband loves having these in the morning on his way out the door to work! They are perfect to prepare on Sunday for the week and to freeze too!
By preparing them in advance I have his breakfasts ready to go all week long! Homemade Breakfast Burritos are the easiest freezer meal. This tastes delicious and is a great way to save time and money!
This is a great recipe to make ahead. I love preparing this ahead of time and freezing these breakfast burritos. It really saves you time and money. I love to make these and send them with my husband in the morning. It is a great way for him to start the day. It keeps him fulfilled until lunch.
For this recipe we used boxed hashbrowns but you can use frozen hashbrowns with no problem! We like to serve with Salsa and Sour Cream.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 6 Points Each
Homemade Breakfast Burritos
- 2 packs 8 count burrito-sized tortillas
- 2 boxes hashbrowns 5.2 oz but you can also use frozen
- 1 pack bacon or sausage or ham
- 16 oz shredded cheese
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup green onions
- Cook bacon in a large non-stick skillet.
- Drain on paper towels and set aside to cool.
- Cook hashbrowns according to package directions.
- Add cooked hashbrowns to large mixing bowl.
- Scramble eggs and season to taste.
- You want to leave them a little more “rare” than your normal preference since they will cook a bit more in the microwave when heating.
- Add to mixing bowl with hashbrowns
- Chop up the bacon, green onions, and any other veggie you are using. Add to mixing bowl along with shredded cheese whenever the hashbrown and eggs have cooled down a bit.
- Mix ingredients together and wrap burrito style in your tortillas.
- It helps to microwave the tortillas for about 20 seconds to make them easier to roll.
- Lay the finished burritos on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- No need to worry about them touching.
- You are just freezing them enough to make them easier to wrap.
- Remove from freezer, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and place them in the tortilla bags to freeze.
- When ready to cook, remove plastic wrap and wrap burrito in paper towel loosely.
- Place on microwavable plate and put in microwave for 2 minutes 15 seconds.
I would suggest investing in a foodsaver if you are going to freezer cook. I personally love mine.
Breakfast Freezer Meals:
Omelet Cupcakes – Gluten Free, Healthy and Paleo
Pumpkin Pancakes – One Bowl Method
You may be interested in our other posts on how to freeze:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.