Martha Stewart's Mocha Brownies are absolutely divine! My husband and I went back for seconds and I think he may have had thirds after I went upstairs to bed. My hubby loves sweets so it was no surprise that he loved these. The perfect combination of chocolate and coffee in this delicious dessert. We enjoyed our brownies with Caramel Macchiato.
Martha Stewart's Mocha Brownies
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush a 9-inch square baking pan with butter.
- Line bottom and two sides with a strip of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the two sides.
- Butter paper, and set pan aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large heat-proof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes; remove bowl from pan.
- Add sugar; mix to combine.
- Add eggs, and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture; mix just until moistened (do not overmix).
- Add instant espresso powder.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Using paper overhang, lift brownies out of pan; transfer to a rack to cool completely (still on paper).
- On a cutting board, using a dampened serrated knife, cut into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 2 days.
We know you will love this recipe! If you like coffee and chocolate these are a win! When you have the girls over for coffee whip up some of these delicious Martha Stewart's Mocha Brownies.
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy 4th of July Jell-o Cake is also a perfect treat for Memorial and Labor Day!
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn't like a chocolate chip cookie?
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.