No-Bake Cereal Bars are a great recipe to use for children. Not only do they love to eat them but it is fun for them to join in on making them too! They are easy to prepare and are a great no-bake dessert. No-Bake Cereal Bars Recipe are easy to make a nice treat for after school.
No-Bake Cereal Bars Recipe
No-Bake Cereal Bars Recipe are easy to make a nice treat for after school.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1 bag 12oz semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Lightly butter 13x9 inch pan.
- Heat corn syrup and sugar to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. (I use a dutch oven) Cook until sugar is completely dissolved; remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup of the peanut butter; stir until smooth.
- Add cereal; mix well!
- Immediately press in buttered pan.
- Melt chocolate in saucepan over low heat. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over the bars.
- Place in the refrigerator about 30 minutes or cool completely at room temperature. Chocolate needs to be set.
- Cut and enjoy!!!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.