Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes just like my Mamaw use to serve them. These are made with real butter and cream. I can taste the difference as soon as my fork enters my mouth 🙂 I think these mashed potatoes are so much better than using margarine and milk, but sometimes I do not always have real butter and cream in my fridge so I do substitute.
Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes are the perfect side dish for dinner. These creamy and delicious potatoes go well with Open-Face Shredded Pork.
Old Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
- 5-6 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup real unsalted butter not margarine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place cubed potatoes into a medium sized pot.
- Fill with water until potatoes are covered.
- Sprinkle salt over top.
- Place on stove top and get water boiling.
- Once the water is boiling cook potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and place back in pot.
- Add butter and cream.
- Mash everything together until you get the consistency that you want (if you want smoother mashed potatoes add a little more cream).
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try out these other Side Dish recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.