Over the 4th of July holiday I learned I have an all new favorite dessert! My sister-n-law made this amazing Strawberry Angel Food Delight and I fell in love! Over the years, I have switched from a chocolate lover into a fruit dessert lover!
I asked her where she found this recipe and there was a story behind it. Throughout the years her supervisors wife would bring different treats in to them. This was one of their favorites and so she asked her for the recipe!
Sometimes I think things this delicious have to be complicated. Well, I assure you Strawberry Angel Food Delight is delicious and easy to make. This dessert will not last and everyone will be asking for the recipe. My sister-n-law makes it for us all the time because she knows how much our whole family loves it!
- 1 10 inch Angel Food Cake
- 2 8 ounce Cream Cheese Packages, Softened
- 1 cup Powered Sugar
- 2 8 ounce Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 quart Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 1 18 ounce Strawberry Glaze
- Cut cake in to bite size pieces.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in angel food cake bite size pieces.
- Fold in one container of Cool Whip.
- Place mixture in a 13X9 pan. We use a disposable foil pan.
- Add second container of cool whip for second layer.
- In a bowl, combine sliced fresh strawberries and glaze until covered evenly.
- Spread glazed strawberries over the 2nd layer.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.
- Enjoy this delicious strawberry heaven!
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
Cream Cheese Banana Pudding - I am a true Southerner! Banana Pudding is life! What better thing to blend into banana pudding than cream cheese?
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.