One of my best friends, Lynette, always makes us pies! They are amazing! My Mom loves coconut cream pie and I am excited to try this one for her. I stopped in at Christmas and Lynette was making her delicious pies. The house smelled amazing when I walked in and the pies were beautiful. They were pies that looked almost too pretty to cut! I asked her to share the Ultimate Coconut Cream Pie recipe with me, so I could share it with you!
This may look like a difficult and time consuming recipe. If may take time but you can do it. The directions are step by step and will be easy to follow. Branch out and try something new. This recipe is perfect for any holiday and is sure to create some smiles!
Ultimate Coconut Cream Pie
Crust and Pie Filling Ingredients
- 1 whole Pastry for single-crust pie
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup All Purpose Flour or ¼ C Cornstarch
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Cups Milk
- 4 large Eggs
- 3 Tablesoons Butter
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 3.5 Ounce Can of flaked Coconut or 1 ⅓ Cups of Flaked Coconut
- 3 egg whites
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ Teaspoon Cream of Tarter
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- Prepare and roll out pastry.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate. Trip pastry to ½ inch beyond edge. Flute edge: prick pastry.
- Bake in the oven at 450° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool thoroughly on rack.
- In saucepan combine sugar, flour or cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook and stir the mixture until it is thick and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Separate egg yolks from whites; set egg whites aside for meringue. Beat Egg yolks slightly.
- Gradually stir 1 cup of hot mixture into yolks. Return egg mixture to saucepan, bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more then remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla. Stir in 1 cup of coconut. Pour hot mixture into baked pastry shell.
Meringue For Pie
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla, and cream of tarter at medium speed of electric mixer. Beat for 1 minute of until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating at high speed of electric mixer about 4 minutes more or until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks, and sugar is dissolved.
- Immediately spread meringue over pie, carefully sealing to edge of pastry to prevent shrinkage.
- Sprinkle meringue with remaining coconut.
- Bake in oven at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden. Cool then cover and chill to store.
STOCKPILINGMOMS FAVORITE DESSERTS
CREAM CHEESE BANANA PUDDING - This is my all time favorite!! ~Shelley
Hot Fudge Ice Cream Delight is one of my family favorites!
Death By Chocolate Trifle Dessert is for all our chocolate lovers out there.
Easy 4th of July Jell-o Cake is also a perfect treat for Memorial and Labor Day!
Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake only takes 15 minutes to prepare and then throw it in the oven!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites for all the chocolate chip cookie lovers! Who doesn't like a chocolate chip cookie?
StockpilingMoms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit StockpilingMoms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.