We love getting Bourbon Chicken at our favorite Chinese restaurant, which is currently closed. The kids keep asking for their favorite dish, so who am I not to deliver. Easy Crockpot Bourbon Chicken was so simple to mix and dump in the crockpot. The aroma filled the house and it made everyone hungry. My kids kept asking when it would be done!
This Easy Crockpot Bourbon Chicken pairs well with Chicken Fried Rice. I honestly took the easy way out on the rice. I bought a bag of Chicken Fried Rice and just added the egg to it. It all turned out well and we may not order this at the restaurant anymore! Don't worry though there are plenty of things we still will order. I don't think I could replicate the delicious Fried Crab Rangoon! That is one thing that was missing! Who has Chinese without ordering crab rangoon? Thank goodness we had left over fortune cookies!
Easy Crockpot Bourbon Chicken
- 1 22 OZ bag Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Strips
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ c Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ⅓ c Light Soy Sauce
- ⅓ c Bourbon or Apple Juice (If you use apple juice I cut Brown Sugar almost in half.)
- ½ c water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch mix with 3 tablespoons of water before adding. Can substitute 3 tablespoon Flour but mix separately with 3 oz (6 tablespoons of water) before adding
- Add Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Strips to crockpot. Cleanup is much easier when you use a crockpot liner. If you don't have a liner then spray the inside with cooking spray!
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixed ingredients over the Chicken Strips.
- Place lid on Crockpot and cook 6 hours on low.
Check out other Chinese Recipes on StockpilingMoms!
Caleb and I love to cook together and during this "Healthy at Home" moment we are making great use of it! I am trying to give my son the ability to do things on his own and not be so overwhelmed learning these things as an adult! Cooking is very important for our youngsters to learn. Easy Crockpot Bourbon Chicken was a simple recipe he could put together all on his own. Here are some other recipes we have made together that your family will love!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.