If you have not met my son Caleb you are missing out! Caleb is high-functioning on the Autism Spectrum and is our house cook! He loves to bake and create like no other. We spent Covid Social Distancing time in our kitchen. Caleb saw this spider created on cookies but he loves Rice Krispie Treats and wanted to try it out! I hope you enjoy Caleb's Spider Rice Krispie Treats!
Rice Krispie treats are a family favorite and we have had them as treats for about every single holiday! Why not create something for Halloween? All you need is butter, marshmallows, rice Krispies, small peanut butter cups, frosting, and something to use for the eyes. Caleb's Spider Rice Krispie Treats do not take long to make and are so much fun for the kids. I recommend you make the rice Krispie treats and let the kids cut them out and decorate! Anything created by my sweet Caleb is special and always delicious!
- 4 c JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 c Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 6 Small Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 small bag Candy coated chocolate balls (can also use candy eyes)
- 1 small tub Chocolate Frosting
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and vanilla and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir Rice Krispies in until well coated.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with Parchment Paper
- Using a butter coated or baking spray coated spatula and gently press in to pan.
- Let them completely cool.
- Using a small cup cut circles in the Rice Krispie pan. Remove each circle.
- Place the peanut butter cup on the rice krispie circle.
- Using a decorating bag with chocolate icing, draw lines for the legs around the spider.
- Dab chocolate icing on the back of your candy coated chocolate balls and add to the peanut butter cup for spider eyes. Then dab a little on the front for pupils. (it is easier to use candy eyes but we didn't have any)
We hope you enjoy this special Halloween treat! Have a Happy and Safe Halloween!
Check out our other Special Halloween Treats!
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.