Summer Fun Dirt Dessert Perfect for Family Reunions and is a family favorite! Every year we have a family reunion cookout with all the immediate and extended families. It is always fun to have a centerpiece for the dessert table. What better centerpiece could you possibly have? This dessert will always bring smiles to the reunion and the kids love it! Not only did it serve as our centerpiece, it also was a discussion piece!
- 2 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 5 oz Vanilla Pudding
- 1 5 oz Chocolate Pudding
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Flavoring
- 1 16 oz Cool Whip
- 1 pkg OREO Cookies
- 1 pkg Gummy Worms
- Plastic flowers of your choice
- Crush 2 dozen Oreo Cookies in a plastic bag to make Oreo Cookie Crumbs
- Mix Cream Cheese, Powdered Sugar, Vanilla Pudding, Chocolate Pudding, Milk, and Vanilla Flavoring to form a cream cheese mixture
- Add ½ of the 16 oz Cool Whip to the mixture which will produce a creamier texture.
- You can use two 6 ½ inch plastic flower pots or whatever bowl you would like to use.
- Layer by alternating Cookie Crumbs and mixture starting with the Cookie Crumbs
- Top with the other ½ of the 16 oz Cool Whip
- Sprinkle Oreo Crumbs on top
- Add Gummy Worms and Plastic Flowers of choice
Family reunions are always so much fun and you have people of many different ages. Our family reunion stretched from the age of 6 months old to 87 years old. When you get 30-40 people together, and all different age groups, it is hard to find things everyone will like. We always have a potluck but my immediate family throws in extra to make sure there is something for everyone. Summer Fun Dirt Dessert is always a hit for all ages!
If one of your family members grows a garden every year this is a perfect time to ask for fresh tomatoes, fresh salsa, or something baked with fresh ingredients. My garden has been producing so many zucchini that I have been on a zucchini bread baking kick! This is also a perfect discussion topic. The older members of our family love to garden and they love to tell you all about it!
Another idea for family reunions is to have activities for everyone. Our reunions are usually in the summer at my Mom's house. She has plenty of room and a pool. Pool time is an awesome activity for everyone. We also set up corn hole boards and had some friendly competition. Did I say friendly? Well, we are a competitive family! (Just kidding!!) Another great activity is DIY Lawn Twister! Our reunions are filled with so much fun and lots of laughs!
Here is a roundup of all our favorite family reunion recipes:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.