Crock Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup is full of such great taste and an earthy blend of spices. It is so easy to prepare using your Crock Pot that you add the ingredients and go on about your day! What a great feeling to come home to an amazing soup that has been slowing cooking and blending it’s flavors all day. When you enter the door your mouth will be watering from the aroma of this delicious soup. It is perfect for Fall and cooler weather!
In a 4 quart slow cooker, combine carrots, celery, wild rice, onion, rosemary, bay leaves, lemon peel, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with chicken breasts and pour chicken broth over all. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6 to 6 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 hours. Remove chicken and cool slightly. Discard bay leaves. Chop chicken and return to soup along with parsley.
Season to taste with additional pepper. That is it!
This can also be adapted into a freezer recipe. Simply add all of the ingredients into a gallon size freezer bag and freeze. When you are ready to cook simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place all of the contents of the bag into the slow cooker and cover with the lid. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup is an easy freezer meal the whole family will love! I like to serve this with a loaf of French Bread. I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as we do!
Crock Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 14oz chicken broth cans
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- In a 4- to 4 1/2-quart slow cooker, combine carrots, celery, wild rice, onion, rosemary, bay leaves, lemon peel, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Top with chicken breasts.
- Pour chicken broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6 to 6 1/2 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken and cool slightly.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Chop chicken and return to soup along with parsley.
- Season to taste with additional pepper.
Be sure to check out these other recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.